Thursday, August 18, 2005

Snow bunnies, here we come!

12 hours from now, I'll be curled up in front of the fire with a good book, listening for sounds of the wombat under the floor and friend's cars in the driveway. I'll be aw far away from here as I can possibly be for a three-day-weekend, and I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it.

Just think: mulled wine simmering on the hob, the scent of woodsmoke in the air, good friends, lots of birds and time to relax. Sounds perfect, doesn't it? We're going to try and make it actually to the snow proper this time (rather than a 3 metre patch in someone's paddock), and will be armed to the teeth with toboggans, beanies and gloves.

Can't wait.

Nat's birthday is on Sunday, too, so we'll have extra celebrations when we get home (amid all the washing).

No comments: